Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
So...you only wear your gloves around other people?

Just think a little bit can you? When you enter a supermarket were you touch a lot of things such as gates, the cart, basket, and so on .... You really think it is a good idea not to use any protection?

When walking outside when I don't have to touch anything, I do not need to wear gloves. I do wash my hands and other precautions when I get home.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Just think a little bit can you? When you enter a supermarket were you touch a lot of things such as gates, the cart, basket, and so on .... You really think it is a good idea not to use any protection?

When walking outside when I don't have to touch anything, I do not need to wear gloves. I do wash my hands and other precautions when I get home.

If you're not around other people, why are you wearing a face mask?

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
If you're not around other people, why are you wearing a face mask?

Hmmmm. Why would I wear a face mask during a pandemic when walking in public?

Enjoy your evening because it is pointless talking to people who cannot figure out basic things like this.

Reactions: jbachandouris

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003

Enjoy your evening because it is pointless talking to people who cannot figure out basic things like this.
Says the guy who thinks it's simply a matter of money to have both a touch and Face ID system. *eye roll emoji*

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009

Im pretty sure the evidence suggests wearing a face mask doesn’t help.

Reactions: 26139

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The issue you describe is no different to the one faced by those that have models of iPhone prior to the X. If the users wear gloves they can't use TouchId.

In that instance i'd imagine they just use passcode instead of cutting a hole in their gloves.
Most my gloves don have capacitive fingertips so can't enter the pin, either. I've tried a few capacitive gloves but they suck when it comes to accuracy so I end up removing them anyway.

I actually do have compression gloves without fingertips. They're the easiest to use ;)

If I just cut the tips myself, the fabric frays/unravels ruining the gloves. :p

Reactions: MarkX

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
Im pretty sure the evidence suggests wearing a face mask doesn’t help.

Yet people in hospital who deal with patients do wear them and some government like Australia is even handing them out for free.

Also the US government is sponsoring companies like GM to produce more face masks. The same thing happening in Italy.

It is cool that the media says it does not help. But I think the media is BS based on what I am seeing.

I got a face mask so I am using it. Better safe than sorry.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
Yet people in hospital who deal with patients do wear them and some government like Australia is even handing them out for free.

Also the Us government is sponsoring companies like GM to produce more face masks. The same thing happening in Italy.

It is cool that the media says it does not help. But I think the media is BS based on what I am seeing.

I got a face mask so I am using it. Better safe than sorry.

You’d need one that covers your eyes too.

Reactions: 26139

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
Bla bla bla bla bla. I am wearing a face mask, end of story.

Now I am not coming back to this thread again.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
The point is that Apple should have offered this by default (even if there was no coronavirus) considering this is not something new as Android phones have this for a while now.

So I am being screwed by Apple their greediness.
Then maybe you should start voting with your money and buying Android phones that have the features you want. Then you aren't supporting greedy Apple anymore. But we all know that's not going to happen, you'd rather complain about insignificant issues online.

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
Not funny (to me), but the epitomé of pathetic.

Oh I agree 100% it’s pathetic.....The replies back and forth made me laugh out loud though.

MR has gotten steadily worse over the years with some of the silly arguments, and most of them annoy the hell out of me. This one however was different, it was so far off the scale it turned into humour. All in all, I think @bpeeps summed it up perfectly in post #47.

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
You would think there are more important things to worry about than being inconvenienced by having to use a passcode in certain circumstances until this is all over
unfortunately there isn't an end in sight at this moment.... agree entering the passcode is such a pain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.