Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 09.10.47.png

On iPhone, you can tap on the card in the Wallet app to view virtual card details. Card Number/Expiration/Security Code. Is there really no way to view this on macOS?

I ran into this issue when using autofill of my Apple Card details while checking out on the web and it didn't fill properly so I went searching for the details to copy/paste but can't find a way to view. I was able to grab my phone to get the info but that just seems silly since I know the computer HAS this information to autofill but the user doesn't have a way to view it.

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
You can’t view the Apple Card info on your Mac. That can only be done on your iPhone. Since you’re using AutoFill, the information is coming from a different place. Go to your Safari Preferences -> AutoFill, and edit your saved cards there. The cards in your wallet are only used for sites that support Apple Pay as a payment method.

Last edited:

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
The AutoFill information doesn’t come from your cards in your Wallet. These are only used when you use a site that supports Apple Pay as a payment method.

For the AutoFill stuff, go to your Safari Preferences -> AutoFill, and edit your saved cards there.
I am actually referring to AutoFill, NOT ApplePay. Here's what the flow looks like. During the checkout process on a website that does not support ApplePay, the autofill prompt will show up and ask for Touch ID (on my MacBook) and then fill in the full Apple Card number/expiration/security code.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.png
    2.png
    275.7 KB · Views: 67

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 09.45.29.png

Here is what shows in the AutoFill section of Safari preferences... Doesn't show the Security Code.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Yeah, that is normal. The AutoFill information doesn’t store the security code. I’m always fetching the cards out of my wallet to look them up…to the point I have them memorized now.
Aha! Thank you! I wasn't aware of that... I get it from a security perspective to a certain extent but it's protected behind Touch ID. If I have to grab the physical card anyway, doesn't really help too much??

Still silly that the Apple Card details aren't available on macOS like they are on iOS but oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.