Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Corrode

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
iOS 9 (and maybe iOS 8) has this really cool feature in Messages where you can click on a flight number and then "Preview Flight" which takes you to a window that shows the flight's start and destination and tells you if it's on time.

Is there any way to add this functionality in Calendar? I tried asking Siri to "add this to my calendar for tomorrow at noon" but the info didn't take.

Ideas?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
iOS 9 (and maybe iOS 8) has this really cool feature in Messages where you can click on a flight number and then "Preview Flight" which takes you to a window that shows the flight's start and destination and tells you if it's on time.

Is there any way to add this functionality in Calendar? I tried asking Siri to "add this to my calendar for tomorrow at noon" but the info didn't take.

Ideas?

Did you try note field?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
It would be nice, that.

You could always search Google for the flight number, shorten that URL (with URL Shortener or similar), then paste it into the calendar event. Kind of a pain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.