Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vslo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Hi guys,

I just bought the new Apple TV. The thing is, I'm from Brazil and we don't have an iTunes store here yet. I can easily watch movies without subtitles, but lot of my folks here can't.
My ATV is jailbroken. I was wondering, is there a way for me to download a movie(.avi, .mkv or .mp4) a .srt subtitle, and use the .srt with the movie? As I did with quicktime ??

Thank you very much !!

owine

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
Hi guys,

I just bought the new Apple TV. The thing is, I'm from Brazil and we don't have an iTunes store here yet. I can easily watch movies without subtitles, but lot of my folks here can't.
My ATV is jailbroken. I was wondering, is there a way for me to download a movie(.avi, .mkv or .mp4) a .srt subtitle, and use the .srt with the movie? As I did with quicktime ??

Thank you very much !!

Use something like Subler to mux the srt file in with the mp4 file and the Apple TV will play it fine. You may need to hold down the select button to turn on the subtitles.

BeachChair

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi guys,

Thank you very much !!

If the ATV is jailbroken, just use XBMC. It handles all kinds of subtitles very well.

vslo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
If the ATV is jailbroken, just use XBMC. It handles all kinds of subtitles very well.

I just have to make the same trick and name both the files with the same name , and put them together in the same folder? Sure thats simple as that ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.