Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mansa88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2020
Hey all,

when having a voice call on my iPhone (iOS 13.2) I can watch a YouTube/Netflix video at the same time and will be able to hear both audios (voice call and video).

However, I figured out that for my friend this doesn't work on his iPhone (iOS 13.4). When we are having a call and he switches to the YouTube app to watch a video, he will be only able to listen to the audio from the video while it is playing. He can no longer hear my voice and I cannot hear him.

Does anybody know how to fix the problem so that we both can watch a video and have a proper phone call (audio + mic) at the same time?

Thanks for your help!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Can't guarantee this will work, or even help however if you goto Settings > Accessibility > Audio Visual > Noise Cancellation. Try turning that off and see if it does anything.

Typically what you are describing is due to noise cancellation to prevent a tremendous amount of feedback it can make (mic picks up video audio from the speaker plays out your friends speaker which his mic picks up and sends to your speaker which your mic picks up, and thus feedback).

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.