Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
When we get our iCloud emails changed from @me.com to @icloud.com, will we still be able to receive our emails sent to our @me.com account? Will these emails just automatically forward to our @icloud.com emails? Or will we simply have both emails under the same inbox and account? :apple:

EDIT: I tested it out (using beta.icloud.com, where the @icloud.com email is active) and both @me.com and @icloud.com are essentially the same account, so sending emails to either will not make a difference. The account is shared between these two email addresses, they're essentially the same.

Last edited:

jdblack

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
Do you know if mail aliases on @me.com be carried over to @icloud.com or will they have to be set up again? I actually use my alias more than my primary email and don't want to lose it.

jbanger

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
ADL
my og @mac.com email address (back from iTools account, lol) still works, as does my "newer" @me.com, i'm assuming that the transition to @icloud.com will be the same

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.