Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoctorBill

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2016
I replace my iPhone every 5 years on average. It saves a lot of money and I've never had one die early. I'd never buy a Pro -- I'm not that kind of smartphone power user and the much higher cost would never seem worth it to me. A standard model with 128GB memory is enough for me.

One fun thing is that 5 years is enough time to see more than just tiny incremental improvements between my old and new phone hardware. Each one seems like a fairly big jump in capability. So there's that.

Reactions: sam_dean

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
periscope lens
Apple is Apple - they never use the feature for the sake of having a feature. Periscope basically works like a binocular vision and only wins when you need to get the text in long range shoot - if one needs that kind of zoom then they need samsung phones otherwise it is not a deal braker.

curved bezels
They were horrible from usability stand point speaking from samsung galaxy s5 and s8 experience.

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
Hey all,

I live in France and the cheapest iPhone 14 Pro model retails at 1329 euros, that's 1441 US Dollars.

I've had an iPhone for 15 years and used to update every year, lately every two years, but now sometimes ask myself...

Moving forward, what really justifies to spend that crazy amount of money onto an iPhone vs. an Android alternative ?

For the same amount of money I could probably get 3 Xiaomi phones with equivalent specs.

Looking forward to all your thoughts :)

(I've got mine but am interrested into other people's take)
Try paying yen ( no I not comparing us monies ). I use my for years because I don't like upgrading every year or two. hence why I can justify the cost. from computers to phones since 1978

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.