Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashindnile

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2015
That's a common saying when iOS 10 is mentioned, Just imagine what the GM version might be like.
I wouldn't count my chickens just yet, if I were you. There's like only 3 changes to iOS 10 that should technically affect the OS, instead of hundreds in iOS 9. All the other new features are practically enhancements to existing apps, which don't affect the OS otherwise. So essentially, there's not much cause for instability. And that's why it appears pretty good 'for a beta'.
IMHO iOS 10 feels like what a .x update should technically be.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Seems strange but in my subjective opinion is that the battery life is as good or better (battery life is definitely lower on my 6S). Very little lag overall and only an App bug every now and then.

I know it is a better idea but I'm still struggling with opening my iPad every time. I push Home and swipe to the widgets screen every time. Motor memory 'software' is hard to reset in us obtuse humans.:eek:

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
I want to run it on my iPad for possibly no other reason than to get swift playground as my 7 year old is extremely excited to use it. Unfortunately (for him) I use my ipp for work and can't afford any issues with 3rd party apps and just can't take the chance (even though I know you can downgrade). I will at least wait for beta 2 or 3 before considering or even just wait it out for the public beta. He as an original mini (which was my first and only one I bought until the pro) and he has access to my wife's iPad 2 but that iPad is not eligible for iOS 10.

As far as the beta 1 goes, it works much better than I expected it to with minor issues with a few apps that don't really matter in daily life i.e. Facebook seems to have issues from time to time. If you don't use your iPad for work or school I would say that you will have no real issues with the beta, if you use it for anything important just sit patiently.

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
I run the beta on an iPad mini 2, which is similar in specs to an iPad Air, and aside from the occasional frame drops in animations, it runs really well for a first beta. I'm not complaining.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
thanks for the reply. I wish the original mini or the iPad 2 would allow it. Guess I will need to find a used mini 2 or iPad air for my son to replace the original mini. Just not looking to spend a grip on an iPad that I am giving to a 7 year old even though he is very responsible for taking care of his iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.