Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
Hi, currently own an iphone 11 (not upgrading till they release another yellow one or becomes obsolete) but im still on ios 15.5, i think twice every time an update comes out due to stability, so i wonder if i should make the jump or not. Thanks !

oss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
thanks! ill wait and see if 16.3 fixes that issue, been reading other threads and no one mentions good things about it

NichoMarpaunk

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2022
Hi, currently own an iphone 11 (not upgrading till they release another yellow one or becomes obsolete) but im still on ios 15.5, i think twice every time an update comes out due to stability, so i wonder if i should make the jump or not. Thanks !
if you are not gamer i would advise to stay on 15.5 because right now once u go to 16 theres no way to come back to 15 (apple unsign the ios 15.6 just yesterday)..

ios 16 still have a lot of bugs, but if you are gamer i reccomend upgrading because the gaming performance is far better on ios 16 compared to 15

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Why would anyone go to a forum to mention good things about a software update?
Forum readers typically do (not only here, but in many forums) evidenced by the thousands of replies that are like: “my iPhone Xʀ’s battery life is very good on iOS 16, I get 5 hours”.

Narrator: It wasn’t good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.