Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkinn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
I am about to purchase a J4135 JetDirect adapter card for an HP 5M with 32mb memory and Postcript SIM installed. Has anyone tried to use this card under OSX? I believe that 10.6 was the last version to use AppleTalk, which this adapter also has, but my iMac runs 10.4 Tiger, and I want to use USB and add a duplexer. Please advise if this will work and any special things I need to know before I buy and try this. Thanks!

mkinn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
Correction: Anybody tried an HP J3111A 600N USB with OSX?

Also, in the same vein, I am about to purchase a J3111A JetDirect 600N EIO adapter card for an HP 8100 with 128mb memory and Postcript SIM installed. Has anyone tried to use this card under OSX? I believe that 10.6 was the last version to use AppleTalk, which this adapter also has, but my iMac runs 10.4 Tiger, and I want to use USB and add a duplexer. Please advise if this will work and any special things I need to know before I buy and try this. Thanks!

Last edited:

mkinn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
Correction HP J2552 MIO card

Sorry, I was given wrong info. The correct card is the HP J2552, which has NO USB! I guess I'll be forced to use a USB to parallel adapter. Any suggestions as to which ones work with OSX?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.