Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clevin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
msft-key-0297.jpg

01-06-10hpslate.jpg

from CES.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/06/the-hp-slate/

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
just looks like all the other tablets:rolleyes:

did find it funny that MS had another CES Keynote Fail they lost power for about 15 mins.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Its funny how I have absolutely NO desire for any of these "slates" or "tablets" that are being introduced, but I can't wait to buy Apple's version, and I have no idea what it will look like or do.

:)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
just looks like all the other tablets:rolleyes:

did find it funny that MS had another CES Keynote Fail they lost power for about 15 mins.

The looks are the least important part! The apple tablet could look just like that HP one but they wouldn't focus on that, they'd focus on the software that the device is running... Apple isn't going to revolutionize the way the tablet looks, but how we use (assuming that whole "revolutionize the way we use computers" is even somewhat close to apple's own expectations).. that being the most important part, MS hardly showed ANY software/how it would be used.... terrible haha

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
lol, say that to steve jobs

there will be a lot more info coming out from HP and various hands on later today. stay tuned.

haha yeah, good point... I didn't mean that as in it would be ugly or it didn't matter, but in terms of the demo of the product they should be focusing very little on how it looks and significant amounts of time on the software and how we use it... steve would slap me if he saw me right that design is least important haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.