Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012

My god am I glad I don't live in the US and have to put up with that obnoxious branding on the front of beautiful phones. I mean, any logo on the front is a bad idea but my god that Verizon one is just :confused::(:eek:

This thing as a Nexus device would be to die for but I guess at this point that'll remain nothing more than just a wet dream.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
My god am I glad I don't live in the US and have to put up with that obnoxious branding on the front of beautiful phones. I mean, any logo on the front is a bad idea but my god that Verizon one is just :confused::(:eek:

This thing as a Nexus device would be to die for but I guess at this point that'll remain nothing more than just a wet dream.

Yeah I don't live in the US either, but I find branding especially verizon's quite distracting from the aesthetic of a device.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007

This is tempting. But the thought of me signing a 2 year contract and being super late to get next versions of android is bothering me.

Like it has been said, if this was a Nexus with no contract, stock android, fast updates and on screen buttons I would love it. Who knows maybe Google will surpise us in 8 days

Edit: a little concerned about size too but in the Engadget video he slipped it into his pocket easily.

Last edited:

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I really wonder how well the SoC will be able to handle over 2 million pixels. Don't get me wrong, more pixels is always nice, but that is over twice as much as what 720p displays have. The UI does look fairly smooth in the videos but I wonder how e.g. web browsing with ads works or other heavier content.

I'm really liking HTC's design aesthetic since the One X

So am I, would really buy the One X+ if it wasn't so overpriced in here (Galaxy S3 is 150€ cheaper).

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
I really wonder how well the SoC will be able to handle over 2 million pixels. Don't get me wrong, more pixels is always nice, but that is over twice as much as what 720p displays have. The UI does look fairly smooth in the videos but I wonder how e.g. web browsing with ads works or other heavier content.

So am I, would really buy the One X+ if it wasn't so overpriced in here (Galaxy S3 is 150€ cheaper).

the gfx on the S4 Pro quad core (adreno 320) has roughly twice the power of the tegra 3 quad core. Should be ok.

the USA version of this phone is the HTC DLX and comes with 2500mh battery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.