Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Hey guys!

I´m looking forward to refresh my old homepage and my old Adobe Page Mill 3.0 runs only in classic and it just doesn´t cut it anymore. So, I´d like to see some OS X HTML Editor with equal features... can anyone help me out?
Any Favourites?:confused:

Help!

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Try either BBedit or DreamWeaver. I believe that BBEdit has an OS X version, but DreamWeaver is 8x and 9x only for now. I would expect that the next release of DreamWeaver will have OS X compatibility.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
BBEdit.

I always found this program the best for editing html code by hand under OS 9. I haven't tried it under OS X, though. Give it a look:rolleyes:. (not meant to be sarcastic! Really.)

Matthew

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
Originally posted by IndyGopher
If you are used to PageMill (an Adobe product) wouldn't the logical choice be Adobe's replacement for PageMill, GoLive? GoLive 6 runs in X native.

Have you tried golive in x, it has so many features its a pain in the ass, thats all I have to say!

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
bbedit is available for x
but I play games
and surf the web so I
don't know what its like

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Golive is great under OSX, i would have gone Dreamweaver but they are a slow company at getting OSX products out.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Everybody else is saying it...

...so I will too. BBEdit is the best text/html/ASP/Perl/Java/DHTML/CSS/C/C++/anything editor going.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Re: Everybody else is saying it...

Originally posted by Nipsy
...so I will too. BBEdit is the best text/html/ASP/Perl/Java/DHTML/CSS/C/C++/anything editor going.

Peer pressure! Works every time.

I'll take that check now, BBEdit people. :D

Matthew

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Re: Re: Everybody else is saying it...

Originally posted by mrtrumbe

Peer pressure! Works every time.

I'll take that check now, BBEdit people. :D

Matthew

Aren't you the guy who sold me that funny oregano in high school?

Jookbox

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2002
bbedit is the best for the mac. on any platform however, homesite is my favorite. it's MUCH easier to work with multiple documents, since the layout is so clean. also you can open and edit stuff on your ftp server like it was part of your hard drive.

at work i have a pc just for this program. if macromedia ports it over to the mac.. AHHH YEAH!

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by Jookbox
bbedit is the best for the mac. on any platform however, homesite is my favorite. it's MUCH easier to work with multiple documents, since the layout is so clean. also you can open and edit stuff on your ftp server like it was part of your hard drive.

at work i have a pc just for this program. if macromedia ports it over to the mac.. AHHH YEAH!

I love HomeSite as well, but some of the GREP stuff that BBEdit has added is AMAZING. I think if you are really utilizing BBEdit to it's fullest, it edges a good way past HomeSite.

That said, HomeSite does have a much shallower learning curve, and prolly wins for those people who never RTFM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.