Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daredevil222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
i write html code in a html editor in my mac.... but when i transfer the html file, to see how it looks on a pc, it looks different... and the code changes a bit... what can i do??

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You could be more descriptive!

How do you "transfer the HTML file"?

How is it different?

Do you mean the source code has changed? If you your transfer method is corrupting the file.

Do you mean the rendered file in a web browser is different? If so this is pretty normal. Different browsers can render content differently. If this is the case I'd recommend doing some reading!

daredevil222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
robbieduncan said:
You could be more descriptive!

How do you "transfer the HTML file"?

How is it different?

Do you mean the source code has changed? If you your transfer method is corrupting the file.

Do you mean the rendered file in a web browser is different? If so this is pretty normal. Different browsers can render content differently. If this is the case I'd recommend doing some reading!

I transfer the htm file with a flash disk...
the source code changes... when i open for example the notepad to see the code i wrote in my mac, i see some strange signs.... between the tags...
also, I made a table (5x5) in my html file... and when i open it, in the internet exporer in the pc, it adds one more line by itself....
it so strange...
why does this happen?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
daredevil222 said:
I transfer the htm file with a flash disk...
the source code changes... when i open for example the notepad to see the code i wrote in my mac, i see some strange signs.... between the tags...
also, I made a table (5x5) in my html file... and when i open it, in the internet exporer in the pc, it adds one more line by itself....
it so strange...
why does this happen?

"Strange Signs" are probably due to a difference in line end characters. Windows uses one convention, Unix uses another. Classic Mac uses another (I'm not sure if OSX uses Mac or Unix). Try opening it in Wordpad as it understands Unix/Mac line end characters better than Notepad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.