Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is there an application divided into two areas, one area for html code input and the other for previewing the inserted code? That application would be used for better understanding of html syntax etc.

Last edited:

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Hmm... Wouldn't that be an essential part of web design software, to view/edit your site, and preview the updates that you might make to the site, prior to publishing?
I looked at a handful of web design apps, and preview seems a normal component.
https://espressoapp.com/

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I was hoping that there would be something that wouldnt be involved in a web design app, something standalone, perhaps in a browser or somethin?

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I was hoping that there would be something that wouldnt be involved in a web design app, something standalone, perhaps in a browser or somethin?
The developer tools in modern browsers will let you view/edit the HTML/CSS of pages and preview in real-time. Should work fine if the goal is to simply improve understanding of HTML/CSS.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Suppose i wish to copy paste the source code of a site in order to understand it better, what does what etc. is there a way to accomplish this?

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
W3 Schools has some resources like that. Their main pages function as a lexicon for various coding systems common on the web, including HTML. They have demo pages for each tag that demo the tags function and allow you to edit the code in one frame and see the result in another. It is not for developing complete pages/site, but is targeted for learning.

Check out https://www.w3schools.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.