Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malizivko

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2012
Just moved from Sengled to Hue and I am having issue in HUE and Homekit App (same behavior via. both).

I dim my light via Hue or Homekit app to 50%, however as soon as I turn the light off and then on via light switch. My light goes back to 100%, never had this issue with Sengled.

Is this normal behavior? Its happening with every single lightbulb.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
That's normal. But it can be changed. In the Hue app, go to Settings > Lights. You will see a list of every Hue bulb in your home. You then have to select each light and choose its "Power On" behavior. The only I think you want is "Power loss recovery" which means the light will stay off if it was last off, or will turn on to its previous setting when turned on.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 15.08.03.jpeg

malizivko

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2012
Thank you for pointing me in the the right direction, Power Loss did not work out, but "Last on" works like a charm. Although I think there was some lag (2-5min) at the beginning where I would turn off/on via switch and it would go back to 100%. I waited like 5 min after setting things up, and my lights are working, no issues anymore....

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• IMG_4852.PNG
    IMG_4852.PNG
    145.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: kkclstuff

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
Power loss recovery is when you actually have a power cut, and then power is restored...or if someone switches the light off at the wall switch.......the lights will comes back on with whatever you configure it to in that option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.