Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allenshi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
I recently purchased the Bridge 2.0 w/ 2 Light starter kit.

I got it all set up and the Hue app is working perfectly, but when it comes to the Home app the light bulbs says "No Response".
I restarted the bridge, and re-added it to the Home App and it still does not work.

Has anyone seen this or know of a fix? Also what is the current firmware of the Bridge 2.0?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Also what is the current firmware of the Bridge 2.0?

I updated my bridge the other day, it is now 01035934. I have not seen the problem you describe, so no help there (I use the Apple Home app exclusively, except for things like firmware updates).

A.

allenshi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
I updated my bridge the other day, it is now 01035934. I have not seen the problem you describe, so no help there (I use the Apple Home app exclusively, except for things like firmware updates).

A.

Yeah thats my version firmware also. I guess i can try and delete the bulbs later and then re-add them.
WHen you set up your hue bridge and lightbuld, did you set it up via the app and then add it in the home app?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
When you set up your hue bridge and lightbulbs, did you set it up via the app and then add it in the home app?

I have had Hue stuff since the beginning, so my pre-HomeKit v1 bridge configuration was copied to my v2 bridge. I then enabled Siri voice control in the Hue app.

I played with Elgato's Eve app, but when iOS 10 came along I was able to get rid of that.

A.

allenshi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2014
when i get home i'll see if its related to siri. i'll remove the siri portion of it first

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
Home app with Hue was working perfectly from 9/13 (iOS 10 launch) until this morning when all the bulbs in the Home app displayed the "No response" status. The Hue app still worked. I tried restarting the bridge, the iPhone, but it was removing and re-adding the bridge from the Home app that resolved the issue. Unfortunately, the bulbs all went back to "Default Room" and my lighting scenes must be recreated.

dest

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
UK
I get no response when the bulb has been turned or by the normal switch rather than leaving the switch on and turning the bulb off with HomeKit or the hue app

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
If you use the normal switch you're cutting its power supply, so it can't be seen by Home until it can resume operation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.