Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadex05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2023
I am currently experiencing difficulties with Home/HomeKit. I tried to add a bridge as an accessory to my home, but it is stuck in a perpetual loading state. I have already tried rebooting and reinstalling, but none of these measures have been effective. I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations to rectify this situation.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
have you rebooted your router, as well as any home hubs (appleTV or HomePods)?

erihp

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2020
Have you rebooted your phone? Or tried to setup from another device? Could be in a funky state.

Otherwise are you sure the hub functional? Might be worth factory resetting it as well, especially if it has a prior configuration.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
Have you gone into the hubs section of the settings in the home app to see if it's showing? If so, delete it and try again.

is the software on the hue hub up to date?
and also all of your apple devices, (phone, appleTVs, and homepods)?

how extensive is your home setup? apple does have a profile that will completely wipe everything, obviously a last resort unless you're just starting with homekit.

you may have more luck trying another app, controller for homekit will let you add accessories.
controller may also let you see and delete a hub that doesn't show in the home app.

Shadex05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2023
I believe I have found the answer. I had to log out and log back into my Apple ID through HomeKit on my Apple TV 4K.It works

for now.

Finger crosses

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.