Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
I previously set up the Hue bridge & added lights & saw the adaptive lighting option. This weekend, I tried to add a new bulb & was unable to (Device couldn't be found or connected) so I "deleted / removed everything" & started from scratch. I was able to add the new bulb along with everything else, but the Adaptive lighting option is no longer there.

Also, is there are benefit to setting up using the "Smart Home / Smart Integration" option within the Hue app? There's a section for HomeKit, but I haven't applied this yet.

Just curious if there's a way to get adaptive lighting back?

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Have you moved to the new architecture for HomeKit? I understand that this doesn’t support adaptive lighting. (I haven’t moved over yet myself as I have some older kit in my set up)

Reactions: Coffee50

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Have you moved to the new architecture for HomeKit? I understand that this doesn’t support adaptive lighting. (I haven’t moved over yet myself as I have some older kit in my set up)
Adaptive Lighting should not be affected by the new architecture. I’ve been running the new architecture for the past five or so months with not changes to the adaptive lighting feature…

However, OP, if you upgraded your Hue bridge to Matter, that will affect the Adaptive Lighting feature, since Matter does not support Adaptive Lighting. For this reason, I will not update my Hue bridges to support Matter.

Reactions: b17777 and Coffee50
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.