Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKnowMr.Jobs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
the tMBP in my sig has had major battery issues since upgrading to High Sierra. With my typical workload and settings, I could squeeze somewhere between 8-9 hours before getting to about 5%. In High Sierra, that is basically in half with a similar workload. I went from 100% to 60% in two hours with very little going on. Screen @ 25-30% brightness, few tabs open in safari (I even have an adblocker that blocks annoying ads with video) Evernote & Byword open. Not much else beyond that. Does anyone else have issues like this (on any machine?). Does the .1 update resolve this issue?

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 7.41.56 PM.jpg

Zenn24

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2017
the tMBP in my sig has had major battery issues since upgrading to High Sierra. With my typical workload and settings, I could squeeze somewhere between 8-9 hours before getting to about 5%. In High Sierra, that is basically in half with a similar workload. I went from 100% to 60% in two hours with very little going on. Screen @ 25-30% brightness, few tabs open in safari (I even have an adblocker that blocks annoying ads with video) Evernote & Byword open. Not much else beyond that. Does anyone else have issues like this (on any machine?). Does the .1 update resolve this issue?

View attachment 727630
Mine same like your. 1hr+ it take 20-25%(web browsing), I wonder is it cause by High Sierra?

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
My first instinct would be to try the regular NVRAM and SMC resets (use your favorite Internet search engines to locate tutorials) to see if that doesn't rectify battery performance issues in High Sierra.

I have three Macs (two are notebooks) and I have not noted any major battery performance issues since my High Sierra upgrades.

Best of luck.

iKnowMr.Jobs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
My first instinct would be to try the regular NVRAM and SMC resets (use your favorite Internet search engines to locate tutorials) to see if that doesn't rectify battery performance issues in High Sierra.

I have three Macs (two are notebooks) and I have not noted any major battery performance issues since my High Sierra upgrades.

Best of luck.

I believed I tried that before but I’ll give it another go in the evening and see how it works out over the weekend.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Sounds like background processes are going on that are eating up all your battery's power...

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
You can check power abusers: Left-click on the battery icon in the menu bar; and, Energy tab in the Activity Monitor. For browsers, like Safari, you can expand to see which tab is the problem child.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.