Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver78

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
after installing ipad os 13 i checked and had 88gigs of 127. now it is all filled up
today my ipad told my space is filled up. It looks like something called other is taking up all storage.
I deleted 5 gigabyte of game and after restart it was filled up again.
What is going on?
“Other” is taking up about 33% of my phones 256gb and about 75% of my ipad storage.
I hve installed ios 13 on both devices ..apart from that no change in daily use?

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
I had a similar question. While not as drastic as what you’re experiencing, all of my devices that I updated to 13 now have 3-6 gb of storage taken up by the mysterious ‘other’. I was thinking it might be a copy of 12 that is still hanging out temporarily (kind of like Windows does or used to do)and would eventually free up but I’ve really no clue.

flashflooder

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
I think the OS does some background stuff when you update (indexing, caching, moving files around in storage, etc.) It should clear itself up after a while. At least, that's been my experience in the past.

Silver78

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Mine “other“ keep going up i just deleted 5gb more and it took it all. now it takes up 96gb out of 127gb.
My ipad is so so slow

Silver78

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
I think the OS does some background stuff when you update (indexing, caching, moving files around in storage, etc.) It should clear itself up after a while. At least, that's been my experience in the past.
I keep getting a warning ipad is full.. it should not if just something in the background? I can not install anything

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.