Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayduek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2016
On The Beach
Hey Now...

So I've been messing with Geektool and I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just single text lines. So far i've got time, day/date/month/year, standard weather, and feels like temp. Each one is in it's own separate shell.

The weather data is extracted from accuweather.com. Since I live in Florida, I'd really love to add another shell that just displays the humidity, I just don't know how to parse that out of the script.

Help Please!

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
You didn't mention where in Florida so I just used Miami as a place holder. Just replace the URL in the following line of code with the current weather page for your city from accuweather...

Code:
curl -s -H "User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0" https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/miami-fl/33128/current-weather/347936 | grep Humidity | awk -F'[/>]' '{print "Humidity: "$3;exit}' | sed 's/[<]//g'

Last edited:

hayduek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2016
On The Beach
Thanks! Worked like a charm! After opening day of the Baseball season I'm gonna see if I can't tweak that for RealFeel. 18 more days!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.