Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
Do not buy this product. I purchased and ended up shelving it, and when I went to use it, it wouldn’t maintain connectivity, even the crappy extended dongle made a “static” like noise when disconnecting. The rep said it was probably defective and I told her I’d rather not use that connection and she said I’d have to purchase a new connector because they don’t warrantee “parts” in or out of warranty.

Ann (HYPERSupport)
Jan 31, 2023, 11:19 PST
Hi Jon,

If we remove the USB-C dongle out of the set-up (which could be defective), let's have you try to connect the hub with one of the black bars only . If you have a M1/M2 iPad, you will want to use the black bar that says "Use WITH screen protector". If you have the same static noise, let us know along with your receipt information.

Full FAQ for the product: https://hypershop.zendesk.com/hc/en...in-1-USB-C-hub-for-iPad-Pro-HD319A-B-C-HD449-
Thank you for your time,
Ann

Jon515
Jan 31, 2023, 13:37 PST
EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
I’d rather use the black bar, but it won’t maintain a connection. Only if I physically hold the connector against the iPad. It doesn’t feel like its “locking” on the side of the iPad. I do have a zag screen protector on this iPad. (It did not make the noise)

Ann (HYPERSupport)

Jan 31, 2023, 13:50 PST

Seems like the hub itself works, but you will need a different extender. You may purchase a compatible USB-C 3.2 or Thunderbolt 3/4 cable as an extender. (You want the USB-C cable to support video to be compatible)

Thank you for your time,
Ann

Jon515

Jan 31, 2023, 14:11 PST

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Why do I need to purchase it if the one that came with the product is defective?
On Jan 31, 2023, at 3:50 PM, Ann (HYPERSupport) <support@hypershop.com> wrote:

Ann (HYPERSupport)
Jan 31, 2023, 14:34 PST
Hi Jon,

We do not replace parts in or outside of the warranty.
Thank you for your time,
Ann

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Ann (HYPERSupport)
Jan 31, 2023, 14:34 PST
Hi Jon,

We do not replace parts in or outside of the warranty.
Thank you for your time,
Ann
This might be just unfortunate wording, but: IMHO a company which states that it does not replace parts IN the warranty period should be avoided, not just a specific product they make/sell. YMMV.

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
This might be just unfortunate wording, but: IMHO a company which states that it does not replace parts IN the warranty period should be avoided, not just a specific product they make/sell. YMMV.
Thats why I posted it for buyer beware.

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
Why doesn't the warranty for the entire product come into play - if the product doesn't work properly, then the warranty should cover full replacement, not piecemeal part replacement. As their warranty states, "Warranty covers defects in materials ...".

https://www.hypershop.com/pages/contact-us#warranty
I asked and you see the response… I’m putting reviews every place I see them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.