Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I just got a replacement MacBook today, that was supposed to be shipped last week monday. I just got it today, and here I have it, unopened, and Apple releases a new one, I called Applecare and the local Apple Store by my house, but they said they cannot do anything for me.

WTF.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Well you still have whatever model you purchased.

Apple has no responsibility to give you the newest release.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
So what? I was supposed to get it monday last week, and they didn't. This is the 2nd macbook replace I have received! This is ridiculous.

Silver-Fox

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
England
I just got a replacement MacBook today, that was supposed to be shipped last week monday. I just got it today, and here I have it, unopened, and Apple releases a new one, I called Applecare and the local Apple Store by my house, but they said they cannot do anything for me.

WTF.

why should they give you a new one? not there responsibility

AustinD

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
Thats a serious bummer, id be crazy mad if that happened, depending on the current model already owned.

I believe tuesdays are going to become the menstrual peaks for all apple followers, I know I'm craving one of the new mb's.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So what? I was supposed to get it monday last week, and they didn't. This is the 2nd macbook replace I have received! This is ridiculous.

So what! They were late in returning your new macbook. How does that mean you get a new machine that was released today? I'm confused.
Really, whatever you bought was enough for you when you bought it. Unless your needs changed drastically overnight I cannot imagine your machine won't perform the way that it did before the update.

Are you saying they held it for one more week and still sent you the same model you sent back? If so, that's silly.
I think you have a great machine. If you do not agree send it here and I'll be happy to send you my shinny, not so new, PowerBook.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
BTW there is less L2 Cache on the new MBs and very little performance gain. So no biggie. Oh and BTW, deal with it. You don't have a leg to stand on there.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Okay guys. I overreacted and what I did was completely wrong. I am sorry. It just took me by surprise.

BTW, with less Cache, does that mean it is slower or what?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
The new MacBooks probably have a 1-8% performance gain depending on task, and most of the time it will be to the lower end.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Not a problem...

Okay guys. I overreacted and what I did was completely wrong. I am sorry. It just took me by surprise.

BTW, with less Cache, does that mean it is slower or what?

some of us were just having fun. I'm stuck with a MacBook 2.16 that developed scratches on the LCD screen and Apple says it's "cosmetic" so I've accepted that I have a great computer, with "minute" scratches that aren't noticeable to anyone else but me! I feel your pain! :cool:

nl2134

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2006
You seem extremely belligerent. Calm the heck down, first of all.

Secondly, that's technology for you. When you buy anything with technology, you risk it being updated in the near future. You're lucky you didn't purchase a PC because those age worse than Macs. I got an iBook around 6 months prior to the switch to Intel Chips, and I've been running with the PPC for 3 years now, and have had absolutely no problems.

Roll with the punches man. It happens. Probably not the first time it's happened, probably won't be the last time it'll ever happen either.

And, relax. It's not the end of the world. You still have a quality laptop. If you don't want to pay the restocking fee, then don't.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
Don't listen to these people. Raise up with your anger, release your hatred and join the dark side. This is what i would do in your situation. Otherwise enjoy your new macbook.

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
The new MacBooks probably have a 1-8% performance gain depending on task, and most of the time it will be to the lower end.

This may be true, but a lot of people like me are not interested because of the performance gain. The new laptops should run cooler and have a longer battery life. All else equal, it'd be worth an upgrade just for that.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
I would just relax, and enjoy your new MB. I got my refurb on Saturday and I've been enjoying it since then. The good thing is they are willing to apply price protection to the price you paid for your MB. I got $100 back, so just call up and ask.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
This may be true, but a lot of people like me are not interested because of the performance gain. The new laptops should run cooler and have a longer battery life. All else equal, it'd be worth an upgrade just for that.

The extra memory plus hard drive space is finally a reason for me to buy one.

enelson

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
I'm with ya...

Maybe you over-reacted ---but I get it. It's just thoroughly disappointing.

I've been saving my pennies F-O-R-E-V-E-R, watching the Buyers Guide, reading reviews, blah blah blah. I *thought* I was keeping up with the rumors...

I *finally* bought my MacBook Pro on Friday...

:eek:

Certainly not the end of the world ---but I still kinda wanna hurl.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Can you believe it? I took my car back to the dealer because it was making this funny noise. They said it would be done on Friday but they ended up keeping it over the weekend. The new models just came out and can you believe they didn't give me one? They gave me back my old car. I Am Soooooooooooo Poed!

dtklamf

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
hi five to all you people who don't give a **** and still use 4 year old ibooks and powerbooks ect ...

gp79

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
If its within 14 days of your purchase just call the apple store 800 number and tell them you want to return/exchange your macbook for the newer model. I did!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.