Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
UK
in my current car, i have a pioneer stereo with a usb lead thingie to play music from my iphone , it works ok fades out for phone calls etc. but still get the annoying this accessory... message.

so today i pick up my new car ( well new to me). the pioneeer stereo wont fir.
the new car is a 2004 chrysler grand voyager. i cant find out if its got any sort of blue tooth on aux in

so how on earth do i get my iphone to play music through the stereo. ? its an absolute must.

i have a 3gs iphone with 3.0 software.

sorry if this has been asked before, i am totally confuzzled and could do with some serious explanation here. ( also female and useless at these things)

appreciate any help.

ps the reason the pioneer ( or anything esle) wont fit is cos the grand voyagers inbuilt curved stereo thing, and computer, if i take this out it would look a bloody mess. and leave big gaping holes...
i need something to buy rather than replace this factory stereo..
i have tried those fm transmitters in the past and they are utter pants.

i need to be able to charge it in the car too.

please dont slate my lack of technical knowledge here :)

thanks..

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
The fact that you are female has NOTHING to do with the fact that you are not bright.

1. Ask the dealer if your car came with factory bluetooth. He should know.

If not then you have some choices:

2. You can go to the dealer and have him install and after-market device, that will work through your current stereo. Or one of those stereo places can do this also. It will be expensive.

3. You can, yourself, buy a device from the apple store which will allow you to hook up your device to your current stereo. You will have read and follow directions, and it should be fairly easy. The sound won't be as good the first option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.