Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
This morning I slapped a Developer Profile on my iPhone 7 Plus and thought I was going to download the GM seed. (I have been on the fence about 11 as I was very stable on 10.3.3. I did the update as my new Series 3 AW forced the issue)

I noticed that they had stripped off all of the beta notices and delivered it to me as a release.

I thought that was interesting...(Build 15A372)

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
This morning I slapped a Developer Profile on my iPhone 7 Plus and thought I was going to download the GM seed. (I have been on the fence about 11 as I was very stable on 10.3.3. I did the update as my new Series 3 AW forced the issue)

I noticed that they had stripped off all of the beta notices and delivered it to me as a release.

I thought that was interesting...(Build 15A372)
That’s typically what a GM does. No beta stuff as it usually is the release.

Reactions: ZebraDude

JohnnyW2K1

Suspended
Jan 27, 2016
London, UK
The GM is literally what gets released to the public (barring some major flaw that's discovered at the last minute), so there is no mention of "Beta" because there won't be when it goes live to everyone.

Dario69

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2017
The GM is literally what gets released to the public (barring some major flaw that's discovered at the last minute), so there is no mention of "Beta" because there won't be when it goes live to everyone.

Is there a reason why the Feedback link hasn’t been removed then? Or do they keep that on the GM? I didn’t test ios 10 so I am not familiar with the process. Thanks

Reactions: ZebraDude

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is there a reason why the Feedback link hasn’t been removed then? Or do they keep that on the GM? I didn’t test ios 10 so I am not familiar with the process. Thanks
The feedback link will remain if you keep a developer or beta profile installed. If you delete the profile, that will disappear.

Reactions: JohnnyW2K1

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Still have my dev profile installed and the Feedback app was removed with OTA GM update.
Same here. That is typically how it works. Tied to the iOS release not the profile. But some folks state the FB app stays around after updating for some reason. I personally have never seen it do that as it always disappears with the GM or release versions and I leave the profiles installed.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Same here. That is typically how it works. Tied to the iOS release not the profile. But some folks state the FB app stays around after updating for some reason. I personally have never seen it do that as it always disappears with the GM or release versions and I leave the profiles installed.
I thought that’s how it worked too. Wondering if using iTunes keeps the Feedback app on?

Reactions: johnmed

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
When I updated to GM via public beta, feedback assistant was still there.

When I used iTunes to restore, with IPSW and set up as new, no feedback assistant.

Reactions: RiderX

Nikiforidis

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2017
I thought that’s how it worked too. Wondering if using iTunes keeps the Feedback app on?
If you remove the beta profile alone the FB app won't go away. You have to press the "leave beta program" button from the Apple's beta website. At least that's how I managed to get rid of it when I had the Beta 4 installed since removing the beta profile alone in settings would not remove the app.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
If you remove the beta profile alone the FB app won't go away. You have to press the "leave beta program" button from the Apple's beta website. At least that's how I managed to get rid of it when I had the Beta 4 installed since removing the beta profile alone in settings would not remove the app.
What I'm saying is that I have kept the profile the entire time and never removed it, yet the Feedback app was removed when I updated to GM.

Reactions: Nikiforidis

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
That actually happened to me as well on the public beta, after updating from Beta 10 to the GM. I too was surprised to see the Feedback app stick around. It didn’t go away until I removed the beta profile and rebooted. Weird stuff, this software.

JohnnyW2K1

Suspended
Jan 27, 2016
London, UK
Still have my dev profile installed and the Feedback app was removed with OTA GM update.

Mine appeared the second I added the Beta Profile to my phone (while I was still on iOS 10) and stayed after I installed iOS 11 GM.

Note that a Dev Profile is different to a Beta Profile. Possibly why yours disappeared and mine didn't.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
No, Apple just haven't allowed the GM build to post on the store yet, they can change that server side.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Still cannot post reviews on App store. So GM is still on beta.
No, it just isn't released yet. Tomorrow you will be able to review again. Always been the case that apps cannot be reviewed while on an unreleased OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.