Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
I own a 24" iMac and i decided I hated sitting at my desk all night running my business from home (and posting on here) I decided I wanted to live a little and not be confined.

I used to try and do stuff with my iPhone, but as much as I love it, I can't do nearly as much with it using it as a computer.

I bought a midrange Penryn Macbook with 2GB of RAM and now I am in heaven as I can now work in my basement while playing video games or watching movies. I've had it for a week and now I am more productive and I am having more fun. I am posting on it now while playing MLB the Show 08.

I love the Back to My Mac feature of leopard as I can access the files on my iMac from anywhere in the world. I may even be able to take a vacation soon.

Thank you Apple for my making my life better.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Id love to get one too, but I keep telling myself no. Just got a 20" iMac last saturday to replace a mini I sold. I keep thinking "It would be nice to have a portable to take to bed and watch movies or surf or post...."

But the responsible side of me says "you dont need it, save that money." So far, responsible me is winning.

bigbadnewill

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Id love to get one too, but I keep telling myself no. Just got a 20" iMac last saturday to replace a mini I sold. I keep thinking "It would be nice to have a portable to take to bed and watch movies or surf or post...."

But the responsible side of me says "you dont need it, save that money." So far, responsible me is winning.

Responsible side! Ha, this is an Apple forum, all our responsibility went out the window when we decided to buy Apple :D

Get the MB, you know you want to, haha!

And to OP, glad you're enjoying your new MB so much, i LOVE mine!!!

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
man i love my macbook, when i am forced to help my parent with there computer problems on there windows machines, it make's me so frustrated, my mom has a really nice computer with only 30% of the hard drive full, and 2gb of ram, but using windows you need 30 different virus protectors and it just slow's this nice computer down, anyways i am trying to convert them to an imac because i don't have the money, and i hate dealing with windows.

using windows make me realize how much easier mac's are.

balk

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
I am also very happy I replaced my ultra cheapo Acer laptop with a midrange MB :) (plus, I could make a friend happy with the obsolete laptop)

The Mini will make its way to the TV soon to serve as, eh, media server.

All these non-arguments together justify the purchase of a new toy :cool:

Wireless Buddy

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
man i love my macbook, when i am forced to help my parent with there computer problems on there windows machines, it make's me so frustrated, my mom has a really nice computer with only 30% of the hard drive full, and 2gb of ram, but using windows you need 30 different virus protectors and it just slow's this nice computer down, anyways i am trying to convert them to an imac because i don't have the money, and i hate dealing with windows.

using windows make me realize how much easier mac's are.

Yeah, when I got my first Mac, I noticed a little difference, but when I had to use a PC for something after using the Mac for a week, I realized how terrible the PC was. :D

To the guy who has an iMac and wants a MacBook: Sell your iMac and get a MacBook that you can use as a desktop and laptop.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
The same reason prompted me to buy a MacBook Pro in January. Mobility:)

....that and not having to use one of my Windows laptops for that mobility.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Glad to hear you are enjoying your MacBook so much!

I will hopefully have enough money within about 2-3 weeks that will allow me to get a refurb 2.2GHz BlackBook!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.