Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rv.vera92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2015
I am in the last beta of High Sierra (Golden Master doesn't appears me to download it), and until I updated to beta of High Sierra I can copy any files that have more than 2 gb in my fat32 external drives. With Sierra I don't have this bug, I report it to Apple but... Silence. I try to install FUSE or Mounty, but nothing.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 415

rv.vera92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2015
I discover a solution, using Commander One I can copy +2 GB files. With XtraFinder or Total Finder doesn't work.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
FAT32 officially supports up to 2 GB per file. If you've found a way to copy larger files then they may not be readable on other systems.

rv.vera92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2015
How about with standard, unmodified Finder?

You need to download installer from App Store again and do full install.
Finally I could install GM but my problem doesn't disappear. Thanks!
I try with unmodified finder and installing Total Finder or XtraFinder. The only way is using Commander One.

[doublepost=1505733698][/doublepost]
FAT32 officially supports up to 2 GB per file. If you've found a way to copy larger files then they may not be readable on other systems.
Thanks for the answer! But I have four external HDD and some USB in FAT32 and the max. file size is 4 GB, and they works in TV, windows, Mac, android... FAT16 has 2 GB for max. files size, but I have the problem with FAT32. With Commander One I can copy 4 GB size files to them, but with Finder is impossible. I don't know if it is a bug or a new limitation of Mac OS High Sierra.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.