Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

depmen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2023
Hı my friends,for people who don't play games, using the phone to talk and text, take family and class photos/videos and use it with a Macbook, is the iPhone se 2022 enough or should the iPhone 13 be preferred? I loved the iPhone SE, but everyone is telling me to buy the 13. I have to work for about 3 more months to make up for the price difference. And I can't decide whether this price is really necessary for a phone user like me. I am currently using Samsung Galaxy M21 64GB. I am a software engineering student and this device should last me at least 4 years. I have been using my current phone for 3 years and I have no problems other than the camera. The SE camera scares me a lot. Everyone around me says buy 13, I'm very hesitant. Please help and feel free to write a long answer, it will be better for me :D
(also, is the selfie camera very bad and what kind of disadvantage is the lack of night mode (I didn't even know what night mode was before I decided to buy an iphone).
will the battery take off for 1 day (my current phone has a 6000mah battery and it takes me very comfortably for 1.5-2 days.)

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
The 13 has a slightly bigger screen, Face ID, which I love, the magnetic back which I love, and a larger battery. I guess the camera is better? I don't care about that, like phones older than the SE 3 were good/fine, but it might be a consideration for you.

I guess it has 2x the storage too?

For $200 in the US.

But the SE 3, 13, and 14 all have I think the same CPU/GPU (more or less) and RAM, so should hopefully be supported the same length of time?

Sooooooo....

I have trouble with Apple's lightning port so need to rely on that magnetic back, but others don't seem to...

Reactions: Reverend Benny

norwaypianoman

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Norway
If the home button means something for you, and the size of the phone and the resolution means something, the SE 3 is the more feel good one.

If you do not care about the more clumsy FaceID, and want a larger size of the screen and resolution, and better camera capabilities and take much photos or video - and uses phone more than 3 hours a day - it might be better with the 13.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
The se3 camera is pretty darn good. I have one and in regular light it hold its own. The only thing is dark and very low light is it noticeable but there night mode camera apps you can buy. Same with the selfie camera very good. I have a iPhone 13 mini to compare it too. Check out YouTube videos people have been compared this two phones together

Reactions: Wolfpup

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
you can get a magsafe case for the SE and get wireless charging. cheap upgrade!

i'd not worry about what your friends say and ride out the SE. as soon as you get the 13, they'll tell you the 15 pro is really where it's at...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.