Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hello,

macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73)

I am trying to know the MRT version running this command in terminal:

Code:
defaults read /System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/version CFBundleShortVersionString

But the result is

Code:
2020-08-07 04:18:05.887 defaults[525:5499]
The domain/default pair of (/System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/version, CFBundleShortVersionString) does not exist

The above command works in macOS Hight Sierra and Mojave, what in Catalina changed and how do I know the MRT Version?

Thanks
Camelia

Iluvatar1981

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
Hello,

macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73)

I am trying to know the MRT version running this command in terminal:

Code:
defaults read /System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/version CFBundleShortVersionString

But the result is

Code:
2020-08-07 04:18:05.887 defaults[525:5499]
The domain/default pair of (/System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/version, CFBundleShortVersionString) does not exist

The above command works in macOS Hight Sierra and Mojave, what in Catalina changed and how do I know the MRT Version?

Thanks
Camelia
Try this

defaults read /Library/Apple/System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/version CFBundleShortVersionString

• Love
Reactions: camelia

Iluvatar1981

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
Or you can take a look at

 > About This Mac > System Report > Software > Installations

it’s an easier way.

SketchyClown

macrumors regular
You're kind of double posting about the same problem.

Go look at your other post and there is a Terminal solution to update XProtect & MRT.

To know the version, go to System Report > Installations and look for MRT & XProtect there, you can see the current version that is installed.

Reactions: camelia

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Try this

defaults read /Library/Apple/System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/version CFBundleShortVersionString

Thank you very much!

You're kind of double posting about the same problem.

Go look at your other post and there is a Terminal solution to update XProtect & MRT.

To know the version, go to System Report > Installations and look for MRT & XProtect there, you can see the current version that is installed.

Thank you sir :)

Camelia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.