Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
This seems odd. I just downloaded Pages and was attempting to add a hyperlink to a section of text, but I can't seem to find the option anywhere. Also, when copying text from a web page that has an embedded hyperlink and pasting it in Pages, it doesn't transfer the hyperlinks -- just the text.

However, if I open up an existing Word document copied from my MacBook Air that has embedded hyperlinks, I can see them and even edit them with the pop up dialog box.

WTF?

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Not really sure why you're having a problem. I can insert hyperlinks into Pages without any problem. And then tapping on them allows me to either open, copy or edit them as well via the Link Settings option.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
The option to manage hyperlinks is in the Inspector. It's on the Links tab (blue circle with a white arrow in it).

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Not really sure why you're having a problem. I can insert hyperlinks into Pages without any problem. And then tapping on them allows me to either open, copy or edit them as well via the Link Settings option.

The option to manage hyperlinks is in the Inspector. It's on the Links tab (blue circle with a white arrow in it).

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I don't see any of those options (or a Inspector/Blue Circle with white arrow):

img0024id.jpg

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Nevermind, I figured it out. I have to paste the link first, then change it to the text display I want by tapping on it.

This is completely backwards from the way I do it from the Desktop version of Word for Mac, where I select text that I wan to turn into a link, then right click to add in the hyperlink.

And I still haven't found a way to copy a paragraph from Safari (which includes embedded hyperlinks) and paste it into Pages without losing all formatting and hyperlinks. Whenever I paste it, it just pastes as plain text.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I don't see any of those options (or a Inspector/Blue Circle with white arrow):

Sorry, you didn't mention that you are using the iPad version, and I didn't notice which forum this thread was posted in. :)

hendon1952

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2014
Nevermind, I figured it out. I have to paste the link first, then change it to the text display I want by tapping on it.

This is completely backwards from the way I do it from the Desktop version of Word for Mac, where I select text that I wan to turn into a link, then right click to add in the hyperlink.

And I still haven't found a way to copy a paragraph from Safari (which includes embedded hyperlinks) and paste it into Pages without losing all formatting and hyperlinks. Whenever I paste it, it just pastes as plain text.

To add a hyperlink in the latest version of pages, just highlight the text you want to use as a link and click on the "Insert" icon (Pink square with a + sign) in the top toolbar. You will see the option to add a link at the bottom of the menu that pops up.

Hope this helps

jdelmamma

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2015
Pages 5.5.2 can't add hyperlinks to page within document

I am unable to figure out how to add a link to a page later in my document in the new Pages. I have the ability to add links to webpages or emails, but not to places in the document. Perhaps I need to add bookmarks/anchors first? But I can't figure out how to do that either... HELP!

AppDiggity

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2015
I am not familiar with pages, but is it as easy as just adding in HTML code? Such as <a href="http://YOURURL">words</a>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.