Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
I only use Apple Music and iCloud from Apple's services. However, only Apple Music is present in my Subscripsion list, and in no way can I find iCloud. I tried to do the downgrade but I was charged again this morning. Does anyone know how I can contact them or do I have to create a new iCloud account because there is no way to stop it

Attachments

• 41AE23E1-44CB-4DEC-A92D-F9B3712172DE.jpeg
    41AE23E1-44CB-4DEC-A92D-F9B3712172DE.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 727

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
The screenshot shows that you are (now) on the free plan. My guess is that you found the setting just after you were charged, so you now have a month of the higher-capacity iCloud available, after which you won't be charged and will transition to the free plan (also visible in the screenshot - "Expires 10/11/2019").

From Apple's documentation:

"When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends."

Reactions: apple_bg

apple_bg

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
The screenshot shows that you are (now) on the free plan. My guess is that you found the setting just after you were charged, so you now have a month of the higher-capacity iCloud available, after which you won't be charged and will transition to the free plan (also visible in the screenshot - "Expires 10/11/2019").

From Apple's documentation:

"When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends."
i used a 50gb plan and i know that basically to disable it i just have to go into subscritions and it will be there but i didn't have it and i dont know for what reason

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
Found this thread searching for 'can't cancel icloud storage'.

I go to manage, downgrade, in icloud system settings, I see my 50gb plan.
If I click '5gb, free', the 'done' button is unclickable, greyed out.
It says it will expire aug 9, and also that it will be renewed automatically.

I simply can't find a way to get out.
Icloud on the web says I'm using less than 1gb.
All folders are empty.

Feels like a trap.

I've found Google Drive suits me better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.