Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lesheque

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2022
Hi, All,

I have brought home my iMac with newly reinstalled Catalina on it from the repair shop. Then I wanted to copy some files from the Mac Pro I have connected to the same home LAN. Unfortunately, I cannot find my newly set up iMac in network environment. I can see Mac Pro from the iMac, but I cant't see iMac from Mac Pro.

I Googled around a bit and found a hint, that I have to check the "File Sharing" option first (on the screenshot it's in Polish), but I can't. The checkbox is not clickable...

1653062842951.png

I'm stuck and desperate, because on Monday I have to take the Mac Pro back to the office and I need these files on my private machine to be able to continue working on them. They are huge enough to make copying them via usb stick at least problematic...

The system firewall is disabled, both computers have the same workgroup name.

Here's my system details:
1653063102793.png

Any idea will be hugely appreciated!

2paulk

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2022
Experiencing the same issue, there is not lock on the bottom left corner of the pane.
Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 11.39.15.png

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Try rebooting the computer. If that doesn’t fix it you can airdrop files between the machines, no USB stick required.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Is there anything non-standard about your OS? Have you modified it it any way?

Sometimes, weird things like this will “fix” themselves if I run the routines in the Onyx Maintenance tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.