Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I'm trying to get the new iTunes Album Artwork Screen Saver to Work. It doesn't show up in my standard Screensavers, so I copied it to home/Library/Screen Saver and it shows up now, but the preview (in System Prefs) works, but whenever I click on Preview or let it run all I get is a white screen. Anyone have an idea on how to get it to work.

I have repaired permissions, and I do have album art work.

My system is a TiBook 500 with 768MB RAM.

Please Help!!!

TEG

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
Silly question but do your songs have the album artwork embedded? just had to ask :cool:

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I don't know what you mean by imbedded. Some are from the iTMS. Others were ones I made. Using the copy and paste. As I said, they do appear in the small preview window, but never fullscreen.

TEG

Ensoniq

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Bronx, NY
TEG - I have the same problem on my system...I see the Album Artwork screen saver in the standard Library folder, but it doesn't show up in the Screen Saver Preference Pane. The RSS Feed screen saver doesn't show up either.

I'm running on a G4 Sawtooth...I saw you're on a TiBook. Neither of our machines meet the Core Image minimum requirements. I am guessing that these two screen savers are automatically disabled on machines that don't have the right video cards to push them fast enough.

If anyone running Tiger on an iBook or Mac mini (also without Core Image minimum spec video) can see if the Album Artwork or RSS screen savers work for them, that might be a clue as to whether my theory is right or not.

ldburroughs

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Ensoniq said:
TEG - I have the same problem on my system...I see the Album Artwork screen saver in the standard Library folder, but it doesn't show up in the Screen Saver Preference Pane. The RSS Feed screen saver doesn't show up either.

I'm running on a G4 Sawtooth...I saw you're on a TiBook. Neither of our machines meet the Core Image minimum requirements. I am guessing that these two screen savers are automatically disabled on machines that don't have the right video cards to push them fast enough.

If anyone running Tiger on an iBook or Mac mini (also without Core Image minimum spec video) can see if the Album Artwork or RSS screen savers work for them, that might be a clue as to whether my theory is right or not.

I'm running both on an iBook. They both seem to be working just fine.

TEG

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
It doesn't make any sense. I also noticed that I don't get the option for RSS Screen Saver either.

I'd really like to see my art work. If I can't use Apple's SS, does anyone know of a 3rd party SS with iTunes Artwork or System Icons.

TEG

alywa

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
RSS / Album Art Screensavers

I've got a 1Ghz eMac, 1GB Ram with 10.4 installed. I only have 32mb of VRAM (7500 card), and both the Album Art and RSS work just fine for me.

I'm not sure what the problem could be, as even with my meager graphics performance they look great.

-alywa

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
ldburroughs said:
I'm running both on an iBook. They both seem to be working just fine.
Same here at my iBook G4, both showed up in the screen saver list and worked just fine... didn't have to move it at all...

Attachments

• Picture 1.gif
    Picture 1.gif
    69 KB · Views: 227
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.