Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KnighsTalker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
In the Web
I cannot play Apple TV+ in a Safari browser window on my 2019 27" Retina iMac with Mojave without supplying a credit card, not a debit card, number for verification. Sure I could move to Catalina and use the Apple TV app for the Mac. However, I don't want to move to Catalina until some of the compatibility issues with older software has been resolved. I have several other ways of watching Apple TV+ such as on my iPhone, iPad, and/or Apple TV 4K. It would be nice, however, to be able to watch it on my iMac. But until I move to Catalina I can't watch Apple TV+ on my iMac. With everything else offered by Apple that requires a payment type, PayPal is acceptable but not for Apple TV+. This situation is extremely irritating.

Jbrad09

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
Yeah, i just tried on my new PC and in Safari on the MacBook. I have a debit card on file. It says, "a credit card is required to ensure that the account holder has authorized viewing on the web."

Its complete BS! I mean is TFA not enough to verify me?!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.