Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kity92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
hi everyone im a new mac user i bought used mac pro 2010 and when i come to home i see some files before user possible he didnt delete photos and docs and i thought if i erase docs and photos will be better for me and him because i dont want someones information then i opened youtube for how to hard reset or factory reset my macbook. i open disk utility and erase disk and back to utilities install os x but i cant bcs system says " this item is temporarily unavaliable" i checked on forums and people write you have to download some image and boot from usb. i downloaded sierra version but now i cant install sierra. really guys im tired and i dont know what to do . pls help me and solve the problem. im stuck.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
hello newbie person on thus forum what you want to do is let us know what kinda of mac book you have and what operations system you want to install because that apple computer can only reinstall on the original operation system the computer was shipped with some time ago the blackmarket sold pirate software when apple would charge a price for these OSXs and the figured they would lose money if they did let any operation system reboot on any mac i may be wrong about the newer models because they do had interchangeable parts like a hard drive or ram so we cannot upgrade those importune thins so mac decides that these other people were charging for extras and apple was not making enough money when 3rd party installed SSD drives on their computers so you will need the original software that came with the mac or what Audit13 said and i hope this helps and you have a good day.

kity92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Did you try internet recovery: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/25/how-to-start-up-your-mac-in-internet-recovery-mode/?

How about recovery mode: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201314?

If neither recovery works, you will need access to another Mac in order to download and restore the Sierra image to a USB drive.

Thanks for replying I tried internet recovery I connect to my WiFi but nothing happens. I haven't any loading bar and download from Apple server. When I open intermet recovery I stuck internet recovery. When l shutdown my Mac and push power button and press CMD + R I can't open utility screen . Decive takes me internet recovery. I downloaded Sierra OS to usb and I can't install also .

@Expobill hello I have MacBook Pro model a1286 i have maverick os.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for replying I tried internet recovery I connect to my WiFi but nothing happens. I haven't any loading bar and download from Apple server. When I open intermet recovery I stuck internet recovery. When l shutdown my Mac and push power button and press CMD + R I can't open utility screen . Decive takes me internet recovery. I downloaded Sierra OS to usb and I can't install also .
Did you just download the Sierra image or did you restore the image to a USB drive using disk utility?

kity92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Did you just download the Sierra image or did you restore the image to a USB drive using disk utility?
@Expobill I downloaded Sierra Os developer mode and image to usb after press alt button and try install Sierra from usb.

kity92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
i have that as well on an older ssd, and a flashing folder. i figure that out wen i get an casing for the drive.

we had someone else have your problem last week, we gave him advice, and i don't remember anything getting solved, like a dog chasing it's tail.

i would reset pram "command option p r" after restarting the macbook,
then restart command r , to get the recovery options again
if nothing
try "option" to see what folder options the computer has
do this until something gets you to read an OS X source.
or even ask the person who sold you the macbook if they still have the OSx on USB you can borrow

kity92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Did you restore the image or did you just copy the image to the usb?
i just copy the image like on video.
i did every step what he says and i rebooted mac pressed alt key i havent any hdd just mac shows me usb disk .i choose the usb after next screen is os x utility but when i click to install os nothing happens. i ll try today connect to modem via ethernet cable and try internet recovery. if nothing, next step i ll download el capitan or some different os and copy the image to usb and try install it.
@Expobill by the way i tried your steps and nothing happened. mac showing me again internet recovery. im going mad :)

here is screens when i plugged the usb.

https://i.hizliresim.com/WD8agY.jpg

disk utility screen

https://i.hizliresim.com/8zW5d7.jpg

and os x utility screen

https://i.hizliresim.com/PD2NO5.jpg

Last edited:

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
i still think you need a copy of the original OS X. Apple was tough on others profiting off Snow leopard (which was $129.00 then) and developed these patches on their systems on eBay and the sources. You also might have deleted something that permitted newer OS X to be installed.
if you can get a copy of the original OS X that came with the mac, which is technically yours, these install problems will be solved.

Reactions: kity92

kity92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
hi everyone finally i solved problem and i have beautiful clear and perfect mac pro 2010. here is my solution steps: download el capitan os x (dmg file)
copy image to usb and create bootable usb for mac
restart mac and press alt button start usb erase one more time hdd disk and install el capitan os
final step do some optimize and wait for install os
done !

thank you guy all for reply. i hope i ll learn lot of info on this web site.
cheers!

Reactions: Audit13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.