Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
I have the cards in my new iPhone 7, but when I try to add them to the watch, using the app, I just get a spinning wheel, and the card doesn't transfer.

I tried doing a hard reset on the phone and I power cycled the watch, without results.

I want to add that this is the second Apple Watch I have, so I take care to be sure that I am selecting the right watch when I start the process.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Not positive but I don't think you can just transfer them to another :apple:Watch. Each device requires it's own unique token number (faux CC #) to be assigned by the CC issuer. Not sure of the procedure though.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Thanks for your answers. Yes, both my watch and iPhone have a passcode.

Julien, I didn't understand your message. I am treating the new Apple Watch as a new one.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I've had the same exact issue with my Series 0 Apple Watch running Watch OS 3 and iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.1 PB.

Am currently reinstalling the Watch from a backup and will let you know if it cures the problem (or not).

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
A second vote for adding them manually rather Than transferring.

So when adding to the phone ignore the offer to add also to watch.

When in watch app use the add new card under the "cards on the watch" rather than the add card option that's lower down (and relates to individual cards already on the phone)

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Issue still persists scrolling down to the list of cards at the bottom so I agree with the advice above.

Have reported the bug to Apple and hopefully they work on fixing it.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
The iOS and WatchOS betas released today (10/4) fixed this issue for me. From within the Watch app on my phone I was able to add the two cards already on my phone that I couldn't add previously.

Reactions: iGeek2014

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
The iOS and WatchOS betas released today (10/4) fixed this issue for me. From within the Watch app on my phone I was able to add the two cards already on my phone that I couldn't add previously.

Thanks for updating us. I've managed to add a couple of cards I primarily use for Apple Pay in the steps suggested above; the rest can wait for now.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Thanks for updating us. I've managed to add a couple of cards I primarily use for Apple Pay in the steps suggested above; the rest can wait for now.

Wondering if anyone using the public beta on iOS has now had success? I know there's no public WatchOS beta.

DKpixie

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
I had to unpair my watch, re-pair and then set up as a NEW watch instead of using a back-up. That did the trick and allowed me to add cards from my iPhone to the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.