Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjohnstonjr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Previously I was an iPhone 8 Plus user. I scrolled through several of the threads on here(some repeated others) and read the reviews of several of you who purchased the XS. I played with the XS Max and felt it was a weird fit in my hands surprisingly. Several factors went into the decision to buy the XS. One of which was how it would fit into my mom's hands. Yesterday was her birthday and I treated her to a new gold XS(son of the year I know LOL). Anyways after toying with the device for over twenty minutes I pulled the trigger on grabbing two. I have been toying with the idea of wanting to get back into photography and after tweeting and inboxing Austin Mann several times I felt this was the device for me. I went ahead and got myself the Space Grey XS 256GB. Absolutely loving this device to the fullest. After thinking I wouldn't need a new phone I feel that I have found and unlocked a ton more of features with this XS. The battery life is good so far( being only 12+ plus in so far) the lack of bezel but more screen is freaking amazing. Lastly the pictures taken in my living room, parking lot and outside in general I can definitely tell the difference in the camera. Definitely feel like I made the right decision. The 8 Plus was an amazing device and I was more than happy with it but I feel like I have a device that can take me even further into the future and will support my photography needs over the next year. If you are on the fence and having some thoughts if you should make the leap I would encourage you to do if you can. You won't be disappointed and once you do you will feel as if you have unlocked a whole new world of what Apple and their devices can do.

tmt

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2009
Congrats, I have an X and think its the best thing since sliced bread
And the XS has even more horsepower + an even better camera. Can't go wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.