Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Well as always I could not control myself ?

I managed to get a hold of a Sierra Blue iPhone 13 Pro Max in 128GB yesterday.

Immediately I noticed how stunning the device is and the build quality is exceptional. I instantly noticed the 120HZ refresh rate on the display. Not as noticeable like it is on my Fold 3 but so much smoother than on normal iPhone displays. Its not heavy at all for me it's quite light compared to my Fold 3 which feels like a dumbbell.

Looking forward to testing out the camera and battery life over the next few days.

Will be posting up some images soon!

Whitagram-Image.jpg

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Immediately I noticed how stunning the device is and the build quality is exceptional. I instantly noticed the 120HZ refresh rate on the display. Not as noticeable like it is on my Fold 3 but so much smoother than on normal iPhone displays. Its not heavy at all for me it's quite light compared to my Fold 3 which feels like a dumbbell.

Looking forward to testing out the camera and battery life over the next few days.

View attachment 1859080
Impressive ecosystem you have there. Got the same but without the mac.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020

View attachment 1859080

This picture makes me want to cry I'm so jealous LOL

Enjoy your new iPhone ?

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
It feels so premium in hand.

Nice collection, man.
Thank you and I agree its stunning.

This picture makes me want to cry I'm so jealous LOL

Enjoy your new iPhone ?
Thank you :)

Why didn't you get Graphite? All your devices are space gray, why not go all the way??
I like getting the yearly colours and the Sierra Blue is my favourite Pro colour after Midnight Green.

Congrats and I love your collection. Lovely eye candy for me coming off a night shift :D

Thank you I am glad you like it :)

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016

View attachment 1859080
One of these things is not quite like the other….shoulda picked graphite…???
Congrats!!

spooky23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2013
Epping
Took delivery of an 13 Pro Max 1TB two days back. Pro motion is stunning for myself, as I'm someone super sensitive to motion (especially on tv's, consoles, gaming etc). A luxury feature no doubt to someone, but worth it for me. I've come up from an 11 pro max. Not a massive jump but again, a smart phone is something I use daily for work and pleasure and upgrading every 2 years is something I've stuck to since the start of my Apple journey.

Davidhedge

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2017
Love the picture man! The sierra blue looks amazing with all the space gray around. I myself caved and don’t expect to get the 13 pro max. I bought the 12 pro max just about 5 months ago and I told myself at least a 2 year minimum with the device. Honestly I think if this years iPhone didn’t have the 120hz I wouldn’t have bought one. I’m hoping to keep this 12 pro max for 2-3 years hahaha.

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
Took delivery of an 13 Pro Max 1TB two days back. Pro motion is stunning for myself, as I'm someone super sensitive to motion (especially on tv's, consoles, gaming etc). A luxury feature no doubt to someone, but worth it for me. I've come up from an 11 pro max. Not a massive jump but again, a smart phone is something I use daily for work and pleasure and upgrading every 2 years is something I've stuck to since the start of my Apple journey.

Wow...what makes you buy 1TB?

I wonder ppl with paid iCloud storage are also opting for a 1TB variant.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

spooky23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2013
Epping
Wow...what makes you buy 1TB?

I wonder ppl with paid iCloud storage are also opting for a 1TB variant.

It's over kill, I get it. I'm quite old skool in some ways and I know it goes against logic and pragmatism (what with icloud literally removing the necessity for physical memory). As much as I use Spotify, I also retain a massive mp3 collection on the phone + movies + photos (I know, I know...icloud) and also need the space due to video blogging and other content creation. It's still overkill. Will hold onto this phone for 3 years or so (as long as battery holds out). Not a reason just, I have a weird fetish with maximising physical storage.

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
When you play with the camera, could you see if you notice anything about this issue? It is a situation where if you are shooting at 3x zoom, it does not always use the actual telephoto lens; sometimes it uses the ultra wide and crops. It has something to do with the algorithm it uses. I normally try not to take other peoples' reported issues to heart, especially something so esoteric, but the individual and others on the thread seemed to have looked into it very thoroughly. The telephoto is the one reason I'm considering the 13 Pro instead of the 13 mini...given that you expect to give the cameras some testing I'd be interested to see if you notice anything like this.

But dang...that photo of the phone amongst the other Apple gear is a sight to behold!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.