Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I hope I am not too addicted to straps :)

Apple Watch straps
IMG_0185.JPG

LG watch Urbane straps
IMG_0186.JPG

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I thought I had too many straps. I am now congratulating myself for having such a modest collection (six sport bands, a Milanese loop, a woven band and two cheap cuff style leather straps).

I would have bought another woven one but they seem to have discontinued the colour I wanted.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
This morning I took the picture my Apple Watch collection , my wife start complain after she saw all of the straps. :p So maybe it's time to stop ad more the straps .
I hope you guys enjoy it.

ps. all the strap are Apple band and Hermes , I didn't took the knock off in the frame.

IMG_3266_zpsvxfpiq5u.jpg

IMG_3233_zpszr9cv1jp.jpg
How does Hermes straps compare to Apple's? Hermes is twice as expensive, but they aren't twice as good, are they? I'd settle for significantly and noticeably better. :) In any case, what does one look for in determining if a leather watch band is well made?

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
This morning I took the picture my Apple Watch collection , my wife start complain after she saw all of the straps. :p So maybe it's time to stop ad more the straps .

ps. all the strap are Apple band and Hermes , I didn't took the knock off in the frame.

IMG_3266_zpsvxfpiq5u.jpg

IMG_3233_zpszr9cv1jp.jpg

Amazing collection! Damn those Apple leather straps in the bright colors really pop here - looks amazing!

Pretty complete collection so far - I take my hat off to you sir - Impressive

tonoboon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
How does Hermes straps compare to Apple's? Hermes is twice as expensive, but they aren't twice as good, are they? I'd settle for significantly and noticeably better. :) In any case, what does one look for in determining if a leather watch band is well made?

Maybe same reason that people prefer to buy Rolex rather than Tudor.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007

Feeling sorry for your wife.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I have black and brown leather as well as white, red, and blue sport. But I literally only use my white sport now because I'm so over it.
[doublepost=1501927757][/doublepost]

This makes me wanna cry.

Cashmonee

macrumors 65832
May 27, 2006

I had an Apple Leather Classic Buckle strap and while it was nice, my Hermes Single Tour is significantly nicer. It really is not easy to describe honestly. I mean the Classic Buckle is a nice band, but the feel is just not the same as the Hermes.

I would hold off on buy more bands as rumor has it that a new Apple Watch could be released this fall with cellular on board. If so the watch itself could change.

I really hope they don't do this. We aren't talking about buying a new $20 cable here. Apple themselves sell bands that cost $149+ and have been purchased by a large portion of the user base. Even Sport Band investments are pretty high at $49 a pop. I know Apple tends to not care about those kind of things, but this feels like a pretty big risk, and would be outrageously wasteful on several levels.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Sorry for being a sticker, but surely you mean "you couldn't stop"? "I could stop" is obvious as nothing is prohibiting you from stopping, so it doesn't make sense. It's like most Americans saying "I could care less..." When the correct saying is "I COULDN'T care less."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.