Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robert Spoecker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
I dont know how MobileMe got into my System Preferences and on the upper right of my toolbar an my Mac but I don't want it there and there seems no way to get rid of it.

I hate getting things added to my computer and then have no way to get rid of it.

I may have done something by mistake but even so there should be a simple checkbox to get rid of it.

Can anyone help me get the presence of MobileMe from my computer?

Robert

Robert Spoecker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
I assume it has something to do with my iPad because if I had no iPad there would be nothing for me to sync with.

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
Wow, it looks like you've got some really useless posts in there. People, why not just tell him what info he needs.

MobileMe is installed by default as it is one of the OS preferences. Do you have a MobileMe account? If you do is this page not there?

— [Screenshot of MobileMe Sync preferences] —

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
MobileMe is installed by default as it is one of the OS preferences. Do you have a MobileMe account? If you do is this page not there

While MobileMe is a default item in the system preferences, it definitely doesn't show up in the top toolbar unless you specifically turn it on.

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
While MobileMe is a default item in the system preferences, it definitely doesn't show up in the top toolbar unless you specifically turn it on.

I know, but that's different from being installed. Hopefully the OP has just overlooked the checkbox.

Robert Spoecker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Wow, it looks like you've got some really useless posts in there. People, why not just tell him what info he needs.

MobileMe is installed by default as it is one of the OS preferences. Do you have a MobileMe account? If you do is this page not there?

dddce7a8a3d2f3ef86b138550aae1275.png

No my preferences want me to log in but I don't want to log in. I just want to bail out and be done with it.

Robert

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
If you click on the MobileMe icon in System Preferences, it will ask you log in; if you don't have an account, then just ignore it and don't click on it; there is no way to remove MobileMe from the System Preferences—it's part of the OS.

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
Thank you, command + drag did it. That its presence will remain in my system preferences is ok.

Grateful,

Robert

No problem, I completely forgot about command + drag, it's pretty nifty. As for that bug (and yes I think it's a bug), I don't really know. Lately I've been having some problems with the menubar icons. The AirPort checkbox in the networking preferences was gone for awhile. I don't know what that was about.

I'm going to take down the screenshots now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.