Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Ios 7 finally got stable and is finally IMO a really nice operating system. And in less than two months we are going to be introduced to a new operating system. I feel like it just got here. I'm all for change when it comes to technology but it almost makes me believe it'll most likely be something like .x update to ios 7. Anyone else feel this way?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I think iOS 8 will just be a more modified version of iOS 7. New features, new dev options, maybe a slightly different skin.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I agree. I don't think there'll be anything too major besides Healthbook and Map improvements, but I think they'll put a lot of effort into refining it even more.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Ios 7 finally got stable and is finally IMO a really nice operating system. And in less than two months we are going to be introduced to a new operating system. I feel like it just got here. I'm all for change when it comes to technology but it almost makes me believe it'll most likely be something like .x update to ios 7. Anyone else feel this way?

iOS 8 will most likely be iOS 7.2, a couple of new features, some icon changes, maybe a different dock, a more translucent one. Faster animations, changes in notification center and in control center to make them better.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
I think iOS 8 will just be a more modified version of iOS 7. New features, new dev options, maybe a slightly different skin.

I do really like ios 7 but I guess I'm just expecting to much. I can't even imagine what the new sexy kick ass feature will be. Ios 7 added I radio and a whole different looking interface and my favorite the control center but what should we expect this year? Health book doesn't get me giddy at all

----------

iOS 8 will most likely be iOS 7.2, a couple of new features, some icon changes, maybe a different dock, a more translucent one. Faster animations, changes in notification center and in control center to make them better.

I for one would be really excited if one of the new features that was integrated was a swype keyboard or something like it. That's one of two things I like on an android device. That and a led notification light. Both probably will not happen any time soon but it's nice to dream

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
iOS 8 is the next iOS 6, it will barely change anything but it will be more stable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.