Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlogiram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2021
i fell down and dropped my macbook as well :( screen is not damaged and it works yet. it only has this visible damage. could there be any more problems? and is there any way to fix it?
254806311_806875450714976_5730766041559304801_n.png

synergize

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
I've seen companies like Dent Pro remove dents like that from vehicles, many worse that that one.

ducati1212

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2021
I spilled coffee in mine and my shift key now stuck down. If that’s makes you feel better

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
i fell down and dropped my macbook as well :( screen is not damaged and it works yet. it only has this visible damage. could there be any more problems? and is there any way to fix it? View attachment 1908080

What model is this?

If it’s a pre-retina unibody, you can replace the display shell without having to replace the display itself.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
If it's a dent but everything works then congratulations! You are now completely free to just enjoy using your MacBook! It adds character, and now that you have a ding on it, you can stop worrying about scratches, dents, dings. Add a sticker or two, perhaps a skin or a case too! The first cosmetic only damage on an Apple device is liberating. :)

If the screen is damaged then you can replace on a pre-retina era MacBook. Parts are on eBay for a couple of hundred bucks if you want to do it yourself and there are plenty of how-to videos and websites. Or add a couple hundred and have a repair tech do it.

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
I spilled coffee in mine and my shift key now stuck down. If that’s makes you feel better
for the record. I just got a new MBP 13, I bought a case for it which came with a silicone keyboard cover. I thought that was silly, I won't like it. But I tried it and wow, I absolutely love it. One of those ah-ha moments. for the future - get one

julesme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2016
San Jose
The keys are so tight I’m not sure how I would get under them to clean

I’m talking about the electronics cleaner that comes in an aerosol spray can. You turn off the laptop and spray it into the keyboard. It basically dilutes the coffee without damaging the electronics.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
in 2003, my brand spanking new kawasaki vulcan motorcycle fell from the wind
onto a rail causing an inch dent in the gas tank.
every traffic stop i would be bothered
until i would ride down the road
happy.

Reactions: marmiteturkey

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
See it as a unique patina. I dropped my MBA when it was new. Some dents in the bottom case. With the time you start liking your dents and the history of them.
I've not (knock on wood) had many incidents of damage with my Apple products, but those that I have had, the above has NOT been my experience. Every time I noticed them, I got a slightly ill, sad feeling. Hate it.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I’m talking about the electronics cleaner that comes in an aerosol spray can. You turn off the laptop and spray it into the keyboard. It basically dilutes the coffee without damaging the electronics.

If there’s enough to “dilute” the coffee, it might be too much liquid. You need to remove the keyboard and clean the keys.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
If it makes you feel better, I had a previous laptop that fell and got a dent on top too. As long as it works I wouldn't worry about it. We buy new things, they get old, then we buy new things again.

Honestly it doesn't even look bad. I wouldn't care if it was me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.