Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I started watching Leo Laporte back on MSNBC, back when it really was MicroSoft-NBC on The Site when he was the virtual character Dev Null. Than on Screen Savers, etc. When Tech TV folded in 2005 Leo started This Week in Tech TV, TWiT, and moved his shows to a streaming format on YouTube. At one time I never missed MacBreak Weekly (at first it was a 30 min daily show), There was the 30 min daily show about iPhones and iPads that became iOS Today. Padre's Corner, Steve Gibson on Security Now! etc. I am not really sure what happened but the atmosphere on MacBreak Weekly changed, no longer informative but irritating, My interest in iOS today wained when Leo left the show, and with Security Now! hearing about the latest security breach no longer interested me. I can still watch the shows on YouTube I am just going to allocate the money to a more valuable content provider on Patreon. I knew it was time when I didn't miss watching the show at all. When I finally went macOS with the Mac Studio I at last became active on MacRumors, I registered an account in 2010. The answers I was looking for are here and no longer to be found on TWiT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.