Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airlied

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Well, I've got a late 2013 macbook pro, an iPhone 5 and a 2013 model time capsule. Since upgraded to DP5 and iOS 8 beta5, handoff and continuity totally stopped working, when incoming calls arrive nothing happened on my Mac and whatever apps I launch on mac/iphone nothing happened on the other side.

I tried different approaches to fix this problem (such as doing a clean reinstall of OS, logging out iCloud account and re-logging in, deleting some apps that may be related with this bug, anything that I could think of), but nothing seems work for me.

And one day I just turned off my sony phone, and boom, everything came back. handoff, phone call, continuity, everything. And I realized that there might be something with my sony phone. I did this experiments many times, when my sony xperia z1 were at the same wifi network with my mac and iPhone, somehow handoff and continuity ceased working and when I pulled out it from the network everything began working just like nothing happened.

Though I don't know what exactly caused this yet, but seems I just solved a big issue here.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.