Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 1, 2021
Since 2020, I have used a large iPhone, specifically the iPhone 7 Plus... I purchased the iPhone 14 Pro Max in April 2023...

Prior to those bigger phones, I have owned and used iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, SE 2016 years after they were introduced... I did not have the funds to purchase a new model at the time of release...

When the iPhone 12 mini was introduced, I have watched several side by side comparison videos of 12 mini and 5/5s/SE 2016, however, seeing is one thing and feeling/holding one in your hand is different...

Close to 3 years later, I was finally able to do a physical side by side comparison of a 13 mini and 14 Pro Max... When Apple introduced the larger iPhone model in 2014, I decided that I will go with the largest model available due to having the biggest battery physically and a larger display...

To me, shorter battery life/shorter usable period, smaller display, no telephoto, are cons but I agree that ease of use/one hand use, lightweight, and being similar to iPhone 5/5s/SE 2016 are some of the reasons why some of you decided to go with the 13 mini...

After Apple stopped selling the SE 2016, it had a spiritual successor in the 12 mini, however, the 13 mini is the improved version in terms of battery life... Is the 13 mini perfect? I don't think so, but I am wishful that Apple can somehow squeeze in a bigger battery while keeping the dimensions virtually the same or as close as possible, then that would be great...

lamboaudi4

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2013
Samsungland
As someone who switched from a smaller phone (7) to a large one (12 Pro Max), I agree. I can still use the Pro Max with one hand (just barely), and it's an amazing phone overall, but the weight of that thing is hard to ignore. I was hoping to downsize with my next phone but if rumours are to be true I think I'll have to wait out and see they will fill in the gap left by the Mini with a new SE.

To be honest I miss the iPhone 5 form factor even to this day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.