Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elvisimprsntr

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2013
Florida
@cuzo

Do you have iCloud backup and FindMy enabled?

If so, then you might be able login to https://icloud.com and remote wipe the device, then setup device again and restore from backup.

Your other option would be to take it to an Apple store.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
OP has a Samsung. So Apple Store and iCloud are of no help in this case.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I guess I have to go out and let google see I'm at a different location for them to reset the phone.

I'll be back and yes that "swipe" feature is pure trash, if you forget the swipe pattern it doesn't give you any other option to log on, just wait 30 seconds and retry.

Pure garbage

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I believe that feature has to be turned on in the phone first. I don’t remember if it’s on by default.

I think it's a choice to enable during initial setup when you first sign in with your Samsung account. Don't understand why anyone would choose not to click disable.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I was able to get into recovery mode and wipe data this is a security flaw since anyone call steal a phone then wipe it.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I was able to get into recovery mode and wipe data this is a security flaw since anyone call steal a phone then wipe it.
Errr, it’s not a security flaw since your data is erased and thus safe from the thief.

Besides, depending on the setup, the phone might ask for the Google password when it’s setup again, just like iPhone.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Depending on who your carrier is, you can have them block the device using the IMEI.
Basically is no use as a phone anymore.

That's the case here in NZ and elsewhere..

Reactions: lostPod
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.