Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jack2wai2

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
It happens to my iphone 5 every time I try to replicate.

----------

Any chance for an alternative to YouTube like a synopsis?

Sure. You try to unlock the phone. Then before the screen unlocks, I mean before the animation, hold your finger on the screen and slide it left. Bang! Your wallpaper is now your lock screen wallpaper.

Serelus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Vm9pZA
Was able to replicate this, after I found out the trick behind it.

Basically as you unlock the screen just lift your finger up for a slight second and tap right back. It should work then.

edit: I am on 7.0 still so it's iOS 7 wide.

jack2wai2

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Was able to replicate this, after I found out the trick behind it.

Basically as you unlock the screen just lift your finger up for a slight second and tap right back. It should work then.

edit: I am on 7.0 still so it's iOS 7 wide.

Agree with iOS 7 wide. I was able to replicate it on my ipod touch

----------

Agree with iOS 7 wide. I was able to replicate it on my ipod touch

Have to report to Apple about this cute little bug?

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Interesting, but I hope they fix the problem with being able to download additional apps without entering the password again first.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
Interesting, but I hope they fix the problem with being able to download additional apps without entering the password again first.

You can change a setting in restrictions that requires you to enter your password every time you download an app.

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
You can change a setting in restrictions that requires you to enter your password every time you download an app.

Yes, that is the bug I'm speaking of. I have that option set but if I download an app and enter the password, it will request a password for subsequent apps, but if you tap OK without entering a password, it will download anyway.

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Hereby attached a youtube video for demonstration. You all can try...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUwDMgfOU3Y

It does not matter, but it is just, erm, cute bug.

Can any developers here help to report to Apple? I dont know the way to do so. :cool:

Apple Live long and prosper :apple:

Able to replicate on my 4s. Unable to replicate if passcode screen is there. So if passcode setting is set to "immediately", would not have that bug. If passcode lock is set with a delay, the bug can only be replicated before delay is up.

OP: you are right - it is only a cute bug - not a serious issue. I am sure it would be way at the bottom of Apple's bug fix list.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It happens to my iphone 5 every time I try to replicate.

----------

Sure. You try to unlock the phone. Then before the screen unlocks, I mean before the animation, hold your finger on the screen and slide it left. Bang! Your wallpaper is now your lock screen wallpaper.

Yeah, I've tried several times and this does not happen on my iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.