Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
New Mexico
So, one of the teachers at the local college had a Lisa she was getting rid of, so she gave it to a friend of mine, who gave it to me. The keyboard even comes in the original Apple box, a Profile, the original mouse, and there's a second motherboard I'm told is intended as a replacement. It's the second model Lisa with the smaller floppy drive.

When I hook the machine up and press the power button, there's this weird looped chirping sound that's made and nothing happens until I let go of the button.

I'm about ready to try the second motherboard, but I was wondering if anyone with Lisa experience knows just what else might be the cause? It would be neat to get the thing running.

It's also neat to browse the box of old software--including old Microsoft software. LisaWorks and more. Just thought I'd share!

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
No experience with the Lisa except remembering coveting it year ago. What was the retail price when Lisa was new? Congratulations on adding her to your collection.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Wish I had a Lisa ... it's the one elusive machine I really want to add to my collection.

Unfortunately they almost never surface in Japan, and when they do they're really expensive. Case in point I found one a few months ago on auction but the ending price was over $1000 :eek:

I wish you the best of luck in getting it to run :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.