Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LionTeeth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2022
I got into Apple in 2014, late adopter of iPhone, didn’t have a Mac until 2018. Since then we’re full on “in the ecosystem”. Ive had a 6, 7, XS max, and now the 15 pro. I am really loving this device. They nailed it, its easy to hold, it’s insanely fast, I have enough storage now to last me a decade, 5g, OLED screen, 2000 nits, I can edit word, excel, do email, sign contracts, Apple care in perpetuity, etc etc it goes on and on. the tech is so mature now I feel it’s probably the best design they’ve come up with. When we were kids discussing the future, a device like this would be something out of science fiction. One main handheld thing that contains almost every tech you need. And now you can DisplayPort out and it pretty much turns into a console. Crazy.

I have a 2020 iPad Pro. And most times I choose the phone over the iPad, that didn’t happen with my XS max, I’m not sure why. For whatever reason this device just feels like a complete mature design. I’m not a software / engineer guy, so I’m sure there’s technical reasons that it all just works, but as an end user, just loving the device!

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
My 13 Pro is my first "smartphone", I've had it for 2 years and still totally enamored with it.
It's nice to be happy with something.

I really loved my 13 Pro. Really a great phone and best camera on an iPhone I had ever seen! But because I can’t help myself I went on to the 14 Pro Max and now the 15 Pro Max. I absolutely adore the 15PM. Outstanding phone and the camera is stellar.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
If you’re upgrading from a Xs Max then definitely 15 Pro is a super solid upgrade! But in terms of design over the years things haven’t really changed much since the 12 series.

In fact personally I think 13 Pro was the epitome of flat side design after the change from the 5 series.

LionTeeth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2022
I really loved my 13 Pro. Really a great phone and best camera on an iPhone I had ever seen! But because I can’t help myself I went on to the 14 Pro Max and now the 15 Pro Max. I absolutely adore the 15PM. Outstanding phone and the camera is stellar.
Oh it’s funny I didn’t even mention the camera! Yeah it blows me away. Now it’s got high res mode, sport mode videos, even that cinema uncompressed mode you can pull into a video editor for film. Crazy stuff!

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I got into Apple in 2014, late adopter of iPhone, didn’t have a Mac until 2018. Since then we’re full on “in the ecosystem”. Ive had a 6, 7, XS max, and now the 15 pro. I am really loving this device. They nailed it, its easy to hold, it’s insanely fast, I have enough storage now to last me a decade, 5g, OLED screen, 2000 nits, I can edit word, excel, do email, sign contracts, Apple care in perpetuity, etc etc it goes on and on. the tech is so mature now I feel it’s probably the best design they’ve come up with. When we were kids discussing the future, a device like this would be something out of science fiction. One main handheld thing that contains almost every tech you need. And now you can DisplayPort out and it pretty much turns into a console. Crazy.

I have a 2020 iPad Pro. And most times I choose the phone over the iPad, that didn’t happen with my XS max, I’m not sure why. For whatever reason this device just feels like a complete mature design. I’m not a software / engineer guy, so I’m sure there’s technical reasons that it all just works, but as an end user, just loving the device!

I’m glad you like your 15 Pro. You said you liked the design but in your post you were raving at what seems to be the features.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Love the design over my 14 Pro, but the software is truly dismal. Can’t maintain a connection with my car’s Bluetooth - and this is not an isolated issue. Seems like I’ll have no choice but to return it. Which sucks. I really, really like this phone…

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Love the design over my 14 Pro, but the software is truly dismal. Can’t maintain a connection with my car’s Bluetooth - and this is not an isolated issue. Seems like I’ll have no choice but to return it. Which sucks. I really, really like this phone…
So you're going to look for an older phone on iOS16? My 15PM doesn't have this problem so it must be a bug in iOS17 which means more than the 15 series is effected

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
So you're going to look for an older phone on iOS16? My 15PM doesn't have this problem so it must be a bug in iOS17 which means more than the 15 series is effected

I still have my 14 Pro, on iOS 17.2.1. No issues with my car’s bluetooth. Seems like it’s been a widespread issue with the 15 Pros since launch, and Apple has done nothing to fix it. Occurs on my 2011 BMW 335i and 2011 BMW 528i.

Check this out: Apple Discussion Thread

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Yep I think it’s good keeper for the next few years. Probably won’t be upgrading for at least up until the point something more revolutionary evolves.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I still have my 14 Pro, on iOS 17.2.1. No issues with my car’s bluetooth. Seems like it’s been a widespread issue with the 15 Pros since launch, and Apple has done nothing to fix it. Occurs on my 2011 BMW 335i and 2011 BMW 528i.

My 15PM works perfectly on my Range Rover and Toyota's.. Plenty of complaints about other iPhone models and the 15's getting excessively hot while wirelessly charging in BMW's also..

Last edited:

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
My 15PM works perfectly on my Range Rover and Toyota's.. Plenty of complaints about other iPhone models and the 15's getting excessively hot while wirelessly charging in BMW's also..
It’s really weird! On the thread I linked to it looks like older Audis/Porsche’s have similar issues too. Let’s see if 17.3 fixes this, I already tried the RC to no affect. But we shall see…

Last edited:
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
Haha same. 13 Pro was/is amazing and I told myself I’d stick to it for a couple years… but then the 14 and 15 came out. I’m hoping I can convince myself to hold onto my 15 for 3-4 years.

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012

Zero problems here. I used to drive a BMW with wireless CarPlay, and it almost always required a software update on the side of BMW to support a new iPhone. My guess was that BMW used a whitelist to allow iPhones to connect to CarPlay, and that they had to include new models after they came out. That or the new OS that came with the new model iPhone.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Haha same. 13 Pro was/is amazing and I told myself I’d stick to it for a couple years… but then the 14 and 15 came out. I’m hoping I can convince myself to hold onto my 15 for 3-4 years.
You sound like me.

See you next year when we’ll be having this discussion from our 16s. 🤜🏼

Reactions: Devyn89

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa

Absolutely agreed!

I think the introduction of USB-C also made the iPhone 15 series a lot more “utilitarian” due to both the much higher transfer speeds and wider range of chargers/accessories it can use etc…

Loving my 15 Pro Max to, the design is fantastic, the lighter titanium frame, rounder edges (less sharp versus 12, 13 and 14) make it so much easier to use and grip for longer periods as well.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012

Maybe I’m delusional but I don’t see no major design difference since iPhone 12 Pro

Reactions: Benhama

LionTeeth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2022
Absolutely agreed!

I think the introduction of USB-C also made the iPhone 15 series a lot more “utilitarian” due to both the much higher transfer speeds and wider range of chargers/accessories it can use etc…

Loving my 15 Pro Max to, the design is fantastic, the lighter titanium frame, rounder edges (less sharp versus 12, 13 and 14) make it so much easier to use and grip for longer periods as well.
Yes! Someone up above said I didnt mention the hardware design. But that USB-C is just like you said, made it a lot more utilitarian. All my headphones, iPad, Xbox controller etc everything now charges with one cable. External storage, fast transfer etc. they nailed it.

And yes they found a sweet spot for hold ability with the hardware. The way it’s weighted almost like a low center of gravity, easier on the fingers

I said in another thread somewhere this phone is actually easier to hold caseless than with my big chunky UAG case (that has a tiny strip of KEVLAR 😂 just in case I ever get shot by a tiny bullet)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.